So, naturally, I would ask my leadership fraternity to come up with a list of
10 Embarrassing Things I Must Do (and Provide Photographic Evidence Of)
while in New York and Milan.
I gave them only three stipulations:
- It must cost less than $50
- It must entail some aspect of leadership
- It must not be illegal, culturally offensive, or compromising to my relationship (Hi, Wan!)
My intent is to feel and see the absolute maximum while living and working in this amazing city. Being abroad is all about pushing your boundaries, and I’m not about to walk away from the Big Apple without feeling thoroughly … Cored.
Readers, stalkers, passers-by — I officially charge you with the responsibility of making sure I accomplish each and everything on, hereafter referred to as, The List.
I want to be bothered. I want to be nagged. I want to be poked and prodded and made fun of for being a wuss & not having done the most embarrassing ones.
Read on and pick your favorite…
- In Times Square, meet up with The Naked Cowboy and take a picture with him. Please bring a DOZ shirt or hoodie to try and cover his parts. Take a picture with his front and back side.
- In Central Park, go to the Bethesda Terrace – think Enchanted – and take a jumping picture spelling out DOZ with your body.
- Go to Serendipity 3 and order their famous Frozen Hot Chocolate! Please take a picture of yourself enjoying the drink. Don’t forget your DOZ gang signs.
- At a Subway entrance, pretend you’re directing traffic. Or on the Subway get people to form a line behind you.
- When you have the free time, sit and relax, feed the birds! Take a picture of you forming your pigeon army!
- Go to Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum and take pictures with influential leaders and historical figures. Please take pictures with Obama, Nelson Mandela, and Beyonce. Your hair must be visible and whippin’ around in all its greatness.
- Sit at the steps of The Met ala Blair Waldorf get either your friends or strangers to be your “friends”. Then go inside and enjoy the Met! It’s an amazing museum.
- Go on an NYC bus tour of your choice. Sit at the top (for however long you want, because it’s going to be hot in the summer and I know how we brown kids get dark in the sun) and at some point during get up and perform a part of Take This Chance. DOZ shirt, please.
- FIND ASIAN TOURISTS, BEFRIEND THEM, then take a picture of yourself as their tour guide. You may use peace signs or DOZ gang signs. I kind of want multiple photos, can you make this one a series?
- Go to the Central Park Zoo and try to get the attention of the penguins. Become their leader.
Bonus – Contact Troy Phi alums. Ask them to show you around the city! Be a follower for a day.
I, Bernadette Anat, solemnly swear that I’ll be up to no good. Er, and that I’ll do everything on this list. One in the same.
YOU must make sure that:
- I must have photographic evidence
- I must to post such evidence and experiences here on my blog, and
- I must have these all done by August 7th, my last day in NY.